lunes, 11 de mayo de 2009

Edgar Froese - Ages (2005 Remastered Edition)


Considering I have already submitted in the blog a previous edition of this Froese's album, I didn't want to pass the chance to speak about this remastered edition, mentioned then.

Whether Ages can be a flop or a must for Froese's fans, there are something I'd like to tell in several points: by first, I've been wandering along the net watching overpriced prices for this edition and I wonder why it is so high for the rest of humanity, except for sites as the ones refered below. No such people could make an effort to spend so much cash for it and it's quite understandable. Actually, there is a strangeless trend from several record labels in that way, but I really wonder... what do they think they are going to get with this movement? Do they believe such re-issues are worth for the price? Most of gentle souls will or would reject that proposal in benefit of get-it-for-free choices as music blogs, torrent servers and p2p portals, and nothing can stop that, except RIAA and other pretending (also reluctant) defenders of artists' rights.

And, secondly, after listening this re-edition, does it really matter? I see, however new arrangements and track order changes, new textures added over the first mixes and re-structured in such a way, I find it hard to cope in my mind and nevertheless the try to put it here for your pleasure (unless someone can tell me otherwise). It's flopper than the original and quite forgettable, so it doesn't need a chance here, even if our man is called by his complete name Edgar W. Froese. I'm sorry, herr lieb Freund, but I still prefer as double vinyl content as the first CD edition made by Virgin some time ago.

Content:

01. Icarus
02. Metropolis
03. Era Of The Slaves
04. Nights Of Automatic Woman
05. Ode To Granny A
06. Pizarro And Atahualpa
07. Tropic Of Capricorn
08. Golgatha And The Circle Closes

SPOTIFY (Standard album edition)

Just have a look:

- Amazon
- I-Music
- CD Universe
- Red Eye Records

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

EVITAR CUALQUIER INTENTO DE SPAM. A la mínima que encuentre un comentario con algún enlace a un sitio extraño y nada fiable, éste se borrará del blog.

Mike Oldfield - Tubular Bells (50th Anniversary Edition)

"Tubular Bells (50th Anniversary Edition)" ya a la venta en 2xLP, CD, BluRay y también disponible en plataformas digitales como Am...